Our community education and advocacy initiative is not just a page on our website; it’s a gateway to a brighter, more inclusive future. Join us in our mission to shed light on the vital laws surrounding service dogs and champion the rights of those who rely on these incredible companions.
Why Community Education Matters
We have a variety of programs to meet your needs.
- School Educational Programs – Our program can be tailored to different age levels. It can include anything from therapy dog visits to a formal presentation about the different types of assistance dogs and the laws that apply to each.
- Teen Advocate Program – Breaking through the stigma of mental illness with psychiatric service dogs and well-educated, teen mental health advocates
- Information Packets – Targeted to different audiences, such as therapists, healthcare providers, schools, students, and families. This valuable information clarifies how these dogs help their handlers and how you can best support a service dog handler.
- School Assemblies – We can bring some of our dogs to join a general assembly for discussion on assistance dogs and how they support their communities.
Team Support with the Paws In Public Mobile App
We work hard to support our clients and advocate for the greater service dog community. Stay informed about the latest developments in service dog laws and how they impact our communities.
- Paws In Public Mobile App – This app focuses on the following areas to support service dog handlers through education and advocacy.
- Service Dog Handlers – Quick links to federal and state laws, information on travel, school, and some support numbers for popular retail locations.
- Business Owners and Staff – Rights & responsibilities, employment, sample service dog policy
- Public Access Reviews – see reviews from real service dog handlers about their experiences in public locations
- Contact – Looking for something you can’t find on our app? Please let me know so we can help!